Dr. Boshes, Cosmetic Dentist in Highland Park
Cosmetic dentistry is a comprehensive dental area of care that comprises both prosthetic and surgical techniques to straighten the teeth, give symmetry to teeth, brighten yellowing teeth, and repair cracked and chipped teeth. Cosmetic dental procedures not only add to the physical appearance but also can improve self-confidence and self-image.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures:
- Teeth Whitening: Dr. Boshes can help you find the perfect shade of white for your smile. You can benefit from a home kit with custom bleaching trays.
- Cosmetic Bonding: This procedure is used to change the color and shape of teeth or fill in the spaces between teeth. Bonding is the most cost-effective method to fix such problems. A tooth-colored composite restorative material is applied to the tooth and then it is hardened using light rays. The material is trimmed and polished to give it the desired shape.
- Porcelain Veneers: The veneers are thin custom-made porcelain shells, which are bonded to the tooth’s front surface. They act as a shield to hide imperfections and give you the smile you are looking for.
- Dental Crowns & Bridges: Crowns and Bridges are used extensively in restorative dentistry, but they can also be used to correct a tooth’s position, shape or color. They may be used to restore a broken tooth or replace a missing tooth. Crowns are made of porcelain, metal, ceramic, or resin. The crown gives strength to the weakened tooth and supports the remaining structure.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants can be used in cosmetic dentistry procedures to restore missing teeth. A titanium implant is placed into the bone in the area of the missing tooth. The implant is then allowed to integrate with the bone over time, and when fully integrated, a crown or bridge is attached to the implant to restore the missing tooth. Though more expensive, it is a great option to obtain a natural looking tooth. Dr. Boshes will review all of the benefits with you as they relate to your unique situation.
Cosmetic dentistry may not improve the way in which you bite or chew, but it may boost your self-confidence and make you feel better about your appearance. If you would like to evaluate cosmetic dentistry procedures, let Dr. Boshes’ office help guide you through the decision process and procedures as your cosmetic dentist in Highland Park.