Dental Crowns & Dental Bridges at our Highland Park, IL Office
Dental crowns are fixed dental prosthesis that cover the upper part of a natural tooth. Also known as “caps,” dental crowns are one of the most commonly used treatments in dentistry. A cap is tooth-shaped and covers a particular tooth to re-establish its size, appearance, and shape, and to improve its strength.
A dental crown is recommended in many of the following situations
- Advanced tooth decay which cannot be treated with a filling
- A cracked tooth, which needs extra support to stay together
- Excessively worn out teeth (caused by tooth grinding, acid reflux, bulimia or acidic diet)
- As support for a bridge
- To restore a tooth implant
- Cosmetic reasons, when a tooth is severely discolored or misshaped
Dental bridges are a restorative treatment for missing teeth. The procedure involves creating a dental prosthesis made of one or two dental crowns and one or more pontic (missing) teeth. The teeth neighboring the gap are called abutment teeth and are used to support the bridge. In-between the abutment teeth one (or more) false teeth (pontics) are connected to restore the space occupied by the missing tooth or teeth.
Benefits of Dental Bridges & Dental Crowns at our Highland Park Office
Dental Bridges and crowns offer a fast cost effective way of replacing missing teeth for many reasons
- Available for people of all ages, provided that the neighboring teeth are in good condition
- Provides for a natural appearance
- Maintains the face shape and restores your smile
- Distributes the bite force equally for long-term health
- Prevents the teeth from drifting from original positions
- Less invasive than dental implants
- Reduces worry since bridges are fixed in place and easily cleaned
- Cost effective and less expensive in comparison to dental implants
- Addresses possible speech problems from missing teeth
Contact us today to learn more about dental crowns & dental bridges in our Highland Park, IL office.